Sunday, August 12, 2007

Scooper VS Nevada Highway Patrol

Yesterday I had to do some pet sitting across town and decided that instead of making it a boring drive I would spice it up a bit. Melanie suggested that I take a buggy ride to liven up the trip and thats exactly what I did! Most of the way to the first house I was able to keep off the road. I then came to a place where I was trying to find a good spot to cross over to a field when I looked in my mirror and saw flashing lights. When he didn't pass me when I pulled over all I could think was D'oh! Let's see...was I doing more than the speed limit...check! Did I decide not to bring my wallet with my licence...check! Was I swerving all over the road while I looked for a dirt path...check! He got out of his car walked up to me and started telling me that what I was driving was not highway legal and I should not be driving on the road... I informed him that I knew this and what I was doing... then he asked for my license...D'oh! After telling him that I didn't have anything on me because I didn't want to lose my wallet I thought I was done for. Nope... he said he wasn't going to write me a ticket then started asking about the buggy, I guess his wife wanted one. 15 minutes later I was on my way again! I did continue to drive on the road when I came back!

No comments: