Sunday, July 29, 2007

No plan big or small can get me to throw away a burrito!

For the last 5 days I have been eating bean burritos that have been in the fridge all week. Tasty as they are I have a problem with one thing. My problem is that lettuce does NOT belong in a bean burrito, nor any other burrito!

I was mad when the first one had a single strip of lettuce in it. I let that go because after all they are making lots of food all at the same time. The second was the same... one single strip. Reheated lettuce in a burrito is nasty and that taste travels. By the time I was half way down the burrito I could taste the retched flavor of reheated slimy greens. Yes I still ate it. By now I am thinking a conspiracy is afoot. By burrito 4 I knew in my heart that someone at the bell was laughing maniacally! In fact all six bean burritos had one strip of lettuce in them. But I showed them... I ate every single one, down to the last nasty bite! No plan big or small can get me to throw away a burrito!

No comments: