Friday, February 8, 2008

Do you know how to spell your name?

While headed to the boring storage unit auction my friend Barney babbled on about this and that. I didn't pay attention to most of what he was saying as it all had to do with his unemployment, his new bank account, and trying to pay bills online. So as he goes on and on he finally gets to a part that peaks my amusement. He says that he keeps getting denied for paying a bill because someone who was putting his name in the system had misspelled his name. I guess as he called them to get it correct he started to question the spelling of his name. He got off the phone with them without correcting the problem because at this point in the story he told me that "I have to check my birth certificate because I thought I spelled it 'ery' not 'rey' hmmm" At this point I started to laugh and had him repeat the whole story because I was only half listening. Once he got back to the point in the story where he said he was going to have to find his birth certificate I told him that to get his license he would have had to provide that so he could just check that. He just turned 38, maybe that has something to do with it, although he swears that it was 'ery'. His real name is Jeffrey for the record.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Freakin' awesome! Can't believe he couldn't spell his own name. If I didn't know you, I would absolutely think that you were lying.